Jump to navigation Jump to search
Textbook Resources Found Online
- edX 6002x. This is the course with free textbook, video lecture snippets, etc. This material is designed for online learning. We will use it to "flip the classroom!" For the motivation behind this, see the motivation section below.
- MIT 6.002 OpenCourseWare. This has hour long video lectures that came from the MIT classroom class. It also has some notes, and other materials that are interesting.
- Hayt & Kemmerly's Circuits Text of more that 50 years ago still covers the topics!
- All About Circuits online text under Design Science License
- M. H. Miller's Notes
- Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis, by Irwin
- Introductory Circuit Analysis, by Boylistad
- Schuam's Outline on Basic Circuit Analysis
- Circuit Analysis 1, With MATLAB Applications, Karris
- Learn Matlab, with Applications to Circuit Analysis, John Attia
- Electric Circuits, Nilsson & Riedel
- Electrical Circuits - An Introduction To Analytical Methods
- Circuits (through nodal and mesh alalysis)
- Kirchoff Law Example Video
- Alternating Current Phenomena, Steinmetz
- MIT OCW 6.071J
- Wonderful web problems with solutions, so you can check your work!
- Solved problems
Motivation for using Online Resources for Our Class
- The Transformative Potential of Blended Learning Using MIT edX’s 6.002x Online MOOC Content Combined with Student Team-Based Learning in Class - This paper shows how San Jose State University went from a 59% pass rate to a 91% pass rate in their Circuit Analysis class!