Installing Octave on a Mac
From Class Wiki
Below is a step-by-step guide to installing Octave on Mac OS X:
- Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/
- Click the Download Now button
- Once the .dmg file finishes downloading, open the file to mount the disk image
- Open the disk image in Finder
- Copy the Octave application to the folder of your choice (typically Applications)
Now you're all set to rock and roll with Octave!
If you want the ability to plot, you will need to install Gnupolt and Aquaterm. To do this:
- Download the Aquaterm binary here
- Run the package installer for Aquaterm
- Download the Gnuplot binary here (source code is available here)
- Copy the Gnuplot application to the folder of your choice (typically Applications)
- Open the Gnuplot application
Now you're really ready to roll!